Wednesday, April 18, 2012

We makes it Orky!

As Nightmare's base coat dries in preparation for attempting a new painting technique, I thought I'd talk about Orks for a second.

One of the things that drew me to the orks in the first place was their tendency to scavenge vehicles and parts from those they conquer.  I realized early on that I could take any vehicle I happened to like from the entire GW line and Ork it up a little.

It hit me that a Land Raider would be an excellent platform for a Battle Wagon, so I picked up a used Chaos Land Raider on eBay and went to town.  It's almost finished, so I figured I'd show the current incarnation.

I decided that any good Wagon needs a way to carry some troops, so it needed a platform.  This will allow me to still retain the Open Top look for after I mount a Killkannon in the real transport bay.

I used a spare gun from a Khador Destroyer to make the Lobba for this Wagon.  This ork really doesn't understand the concept of a mortar, so he just fires straight ahead!

An ork shows no fear, but its the Runt here who's really enjoying the ride.

So here's my Chaos Battlewagon in all its Orky glory!  I'm really excited to paint this one, just as soon as I finish all my models for Lock N Load.  If you're curious, I'll list the parts used in this conversion below.

Thanks for reading yet another post!  Next week, I'll be showcasing either my Nightmare or some lovely Satyxis ladies.

Parts used in the Chaos Wagon conversion:
(1) Chaos Land Raider
(2) Tusks from the Deff Dread
(1) Flamethrower from the Deff Dread
(2) Missile launchers from the old metal Killa Kans
(2) Buzz Saws from the Deff Dread
(7) Pieces of a Trukk (the platform, mostly)
(1) Grabba Klaw from the Battlewagon
(1) Runt from the Nob Bikers
(1) Khador Destroyer cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment